How to jailbreak Samsung galaxy tab 10.1? The developers wasted no time in jailbreaking or rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 3.0 . The device was even easier to root compared to rooting the Motorola XOOM tablet. Keep in mind that the XOOM was built to be easily unlocked and rooted. Read on for instructions on how to root your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
The rooting was made possible thanks to AllDroid.org forum member birdman who has made it dead simple for all of us. The root involves pushing a file via ADB onto the device, enter two commands in command prompt and voila!
So let’s enable root access on your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tablet Video
How to jailbreak Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 Requirements:
- Samsung Kies installed so that you have the necessary drivers. Alternatively, you can also install the standalone Galaxy Tab drivers for Windows.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- To begin, download the root file from the download link above and save it anywhere on your computer.
- Once done, open the folder the Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1-root.zip is found in.
- Now keep the shift key pressed and right click in that folder, selecting open command window here from the menu.
- Once the command prompt opens, enter the following commands:adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip. adb reboot recovery
- The phone should now boot into recovery mode where you have to navigate to apply update from /sdcard using the arrow keys and selecting it. Now choose the Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1-root.zip and apply it.