How to block apps from being downloaded on iPhone? How many times have you handed over your phone to your child just to have it restored with a slew of useless apps? Or are you concerned that kids will download apps that are improper for their age?
One of the most important needs for a company that provides corporate mobile devices to customers is determining how to prevent a certain app or a group of applications from being downloaded or installed from the Apple App Store.
Some of the most common reasons for preventing an app from being downloaded are to prevent harmful applications from being installed for data security, to limit access to apps that hinder productivity, and to avoid viewing unsuitable information on business devices.
Why Block Apps On An iPhone?
Let’s start with the parental perspective. The most common fear that parents have is that their children will come across explicit information that is inappropriate for their age.To offset this, many parents reduce their children’s screen time in order to urge them to be more active.
1. Video: How To Stop Apps Downloading On All iOS Devices
Short video steps on how to stop certain apps from downloading on all iOs devices.
2. How to block apps from being downloaded on iPhone on certain Apps?
The Apple App Store assigns content ratings to each app. This might help you decide which apps to download for your child and which to avoid. It also prevents the download of apps with explicit material on the iPhone. The Screen Time function, which is available in iOS 12 and later, allows you to disable apps that are inappropriate for your child.
Here’s how to enable Screen Time:
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Select Screen Time from the menu.
3. Continue by tapping
4. You will have a few alternatives here. Choose one of the following:
- “This is my [Device],” you say.
- “This is [Device] for my child.”
5. Keep going by leading the prompt after selecting the appropriate category.
6. You’ll be prompted to create a password. You should use a different one from the one used to unlock your iOS device.
7. Users on iOS 13.4 or later must input their Apple ID and password for verification but also password recovery.
8. You will be able to access Screen Time after that the password has been established.
Apps that can be block listed
Admins can block the app downloads for the following apps using Mobile Device Manager Plus:
- User-installed applications can be blacklisted to prevent users from installing harmful apps on their devices.
- Preinstalled applications: These are apps that are available on devices by default but are not installed by users. They are sometimes referred to as default or factory applications. Devices frequently come preinstalled with programs like YouTube or Facebook, which might interfere with employee productivity and may need to be restricted.
- Managed applications are apps that have been deployed to devices using Mobile Device Manager Plus. Organizations who wish to test their applications before installing them might prevent app installation on devices that are not in their test groups.
3. How the Prevent New Apps from Being Installed on iPhone
Blocking new apps from being installed can be done in Screen Time.
1. Access the Screen Time section under Settings.
2. Select Content and Privacy Restrictions.
3. Input your Screen Time login information.
4. Choose between iTunes and App Store purchases.
5. Installing Apps should be set to Don’t Allow.
This will prevent your iPhone from downloading any new apps.
4. How can I block Snapchat from downloading?
Block Completely: From Boomerang’s Parent Mode, click to “Manage Apps” and block Snapchat. Nota bene: You may then erase Snapchat from the smartphone, and if it returns, it will be banned.
How to block Snapchat on iPhone by limiting screen time
You may limit your iPhone’s Snapchat usage by selecting the App Limits option in the Screen Time portion of the Settings app. This really is a handy approach for restricting the usage of any app on your iPhone and preventing dependency.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select “Screen Time.”
- Then, choose “App Limits.”
- Then choose “Add Limit.”
- After that, select the app’s classification. It’s “Social” for Snapchat.
- Following that, a list of applications under the social area emerges.
- Tap “Next” after selecting the “Snapchat” app from the list.
- Then, for the Snapchat app, set a use restriction. The shortest time you may choose is one minute.
- Finally, press the “Add” button.
5. Restrict App Store Purchases And Downloads
In addition to restricting access to certain categories of material, the restriction menu allows you to prohibit all app and Apple music purchases. Furthermore, these options let you to prevent others from installing or removing apps.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Screen Time.
Step 2: Choose Content and Privacy Restrictions.
Step 3: Choose iTunes and App Store Purchases.
Step 4: Set In-App Purchases to ‘Do Not Allow’.
6. Block Pre-Installed Apps on iPhone
Screen Time additionally permits you to restrict access to pre-installed apps on your iPhone. Here’s how you do it:
1. Time to open the screen.
2. Restrictions on Open Content and Privacy Enter the section’s password.
3. Select Allowed Apps.
4. Choose which applications to install and which to remove from your smartphone.
These options are different in prior versions of iOS, and you may find them in the Restrictions section underneath General Settings.
7. Specify which websites your child is allowed to visit
1. Launch the Settings app, then choose Screen Time.
2. Tap Contents & Privacy Restrictions on the Screen Time page. Your Screen Time passcode may be required.
3. Slide the Content & Privacy Restrictions button towards the right if it isn’t already set on.
4. Select Content Restrictions.
5. Tap Web Content in the Web Content area.
6. Tap Limit Adult Websites or Allowed Websites Only, depending on how tight you want to be. After you’ve made that decision, you may fine-tune the rules by adding websites to the list of permitted (or prohibited) sites.
How to Block The Downloading of Apps on Android
Most applications include an age rating that helps evaluate whether apps are acceptable for particular users. You may use the Google Play Store’s parental settings to prevent the download of applications that are older than a specified age. Here’s how to go about it.
- “Google Play Store” will be launched.
- Tap your “profile symbol” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “User controls” and choose “Parental controls.”
- Turn on “Parental controls.”
- Then, confirm your PIN by tapping “OK” again.
- Then, select “Apps & Games.”
- Choose an age limit.
- To save the changes, use the “Save” button.
Apps that are rated higher than the age limit you specify cannot be downloaded.
Blocking Downloading Apps on Android
You cannot completely prohibit your child’s access to a mobile phone, but you may limit and supervise their use for their own good. Parental controls in the Google Play Store allow you to choose an age rating so that your kid does not download an app that is inappropriate for their age.
See Other Article:
Aside on Blocking You can also do to hide apps on iPhone? (5 Easy Steps)
Can I block specific apps from downloading?
Regrettably, the Google Play Store somehow doesn’t allow us to prohibit certain apps. The only way to prevent an app from installing is to utilize parental controls and block applications for a certain age range.
Conclusion on iPhone limited features on blocking the apps that being downloaded
The iOS limitations function can only prevent youngsters from seeing explicit or adult content when it comes to restricting applications or websites. Even yet, they don’t provide much functionality, and barring individual apps isn’t as simple as some would want.
Furthermore, the iPhone’s limitation features are ineffective for providing a diversionary tactic work environment.
FAQS about blocking some apps on App Store
Is it possible to disable the App Store on an iPhone?
If your child has an Apple device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, the methods to disable the App Store were the same for all three devices and are simple. Simply activate Restrictions on the smartphone with a 4-digit passcode and turn off the App Store.
How can you prevent anything from being downloaded from the App Store?
Enter your passcode after selecting Content and Privacy Restrictions. Then turn on Content and Privacy. Select Purchases from the iTunes Store and the App Store. Set it to “Don’t Allow” for In-App Purchases.
Apps on the iPhone can be locked.
Screen Time allows you to lock apps on your iPhone from the Settings app. App locking reduces overuse by adding a passcode-protected time restriction. You may set a time restriction on any app or website using Apple’s Screen Time function.
How do I turn off an app on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iTunes & App Store to deactivate an app. A list of the applications you’ve downloaded may be seen beneath IN APP PURCHASES. Turn off the button next to “Show in App Store” once you’ve selected the app you wish to deactivate.