Do you want to delete an app from your iPhone but can’t seem to find it on the Home Screen? How to delete hidden apps on iPhone? If that’s the case this article will show how to delete apps on your iPhone and also fast guide will teach you six strategies for deleting hidden apps from your iPhone or iPad. This will assist to arrange things and free up local storage space.
If you find yourself scrolling through pages and pages of apps you never use, it’s time to remove, disable, or unload them from your iPhone.
You may also submit an app that deletes the app but maintains the data.
Other Related posts:
- How to hide apps on iPhone? (5 Easy Steps)
- 10 Best karaoke app for iPhone (Quick Guide)
- 10 Best way to organize iPhone apps (Easy Guide)
What are hidden apps and why would you want to delete them?
A hidden app is one which you have installed on your iOS device but have decided to keep hidden. There are several reasons why you would desire to do so. Perhaps you do not want these people to know more about your app, or perhaps you wouldn’t use it frequently and wouldn’t want that to occupy space on your home screen.
Hiding applications, because of whatever reason, may be a terrific method to keep your smartphone organised and neat.
Video: How to Delete Hidden Apps From Your iPhone or iPad
Here is a video on deleting the hidden apps from the iPhone and iPad device.
What are hidden apps on iPhone?
The iPhone has a few secret applications in which most users are unaware of. Developers or developers typically use these applications to test new features or troubleshoot their code. Among these programs are the kernel debugger, system logger, as well as performance monitor.
Why are some of my apps invisible?
Your programs might be in an unseen folder, for example. Open a Finder window and choose “View” from the menu bar to make your applications visible. Then check the box next to “Show Hidden Files.”
6 Ways on How to delete hidden apps on iPhone
1. Delete Hidden Apps from Home Screen On iPhone 12
With iOS 14, we can search and arrange apps on our iPhone in some kind of a variety of different ways, such as the App Library, Widget on Home Screen, and so forth. If you’ve hidden certain applications on their iPhone from the Home Screen, you may unhide and afterward uninstall them by following the steps below.
How To Delete Hidden Apps On iPhone 12:
Select the dots towards the bottom of your screen after touching and holding an empty place on your Home Screen.
Click the circle next to the page you wish to remove from the Home Screen then Tap Done.
Tap and press an empty place on your Home Screen once more > Tap Remove App.
2. Remove Installed App Can’t Find on iPhone Directly
If you wish to delete an app but the app icon is absent from your iPhone’s Home screen or any folder, you may remove the undesired background app straight from Settings. If you need to erase a big number of applications, backup your data to your PC first.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage to view all applications on your device listed in descending order of memory capacity.
- Find and choose the hidden applications you no longer require from the list. You now have the option to remove the app from your iPhone.
3. Delete hidden apps from iPhone Settings
Your Settings app displays a list of all installed apps (both Apple and third-party). That is how to use this to get rid of the ones you don’t need:
- Go to Settings and then General.
- Select iPhone Storage. Please allow some time for all of your applications to be shown.
- Tap the program name you want to uninstall.
- Finally, confirm the deletion of the app by tapping Delete App.
4. Delete an App from the App Library (for iOS 14 or later)
App Library, which debuted in iOS 14, is indeed a new technique to organize the applications on your iPhone. If you can’t seem to find an app on the home screen, slide to App Library, where your applications were automatically categorized.
- Swipe left from your Home Screen until you reach the App Library.
- And open the list, and tap the search area.
- Hold down the app icon and select Delete App.
- Select Delete once more to confirm.
5. Delete an invisible app from Spotlight
Through Spotlight Search, you may quickly locate and uninstall a hidden program.
- Scroll to the bottom across any Home Screen and put the app name into the search bar.
- Select Delete App > Delete after long-pressing the app icon.
6. Delete a hidden app from the App Store
Using this strategy, you may remove those applications that are due for an update or have recently been updated. Let us walk you through the process.
- Tap your profile image on the App Store. You may also pick Updates by long-pressing the App Store icon.
- Scroll down to see if you can find this app. If that is so, reload the updates screen by dragging it down.
- If you see the app under “Available Updates” or “Updated Recently,” swipe left on its name and tap Delete.
How do I delete hide app purchase history on iPhone?
To remove a purchase from your iPhone’s purchase history, go to Settings, then iTunes & App Stores. Enter your password in the Apple ID field at the top of the screen. Select “Purchased” once inside.
Scroll down to the app you wish to uninstall and choose “Delete.” You will be prompted for your Apple ID password again when the app can be deleted.
On the other hand are you curious on how can you hide apps in your iPhone Click Here
How do I permanently delete my app purchase history?
On such an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps to permanently wipe your app purchase history:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- At the top of the screen, tap on your Apple ID.
- Seeing Apple ID may need you to enter your password or activate Touch ID.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Purchase History.
- Select Delete All Purchases.
Other Ways to find the Hidden app and delete it
The Program Store kept displaying a badge on its icon suggesting that an app needed to be updated, but it never did. All other applications were updating normally. I decided I’d delete the problematic program and then reinstall it, thinking that would resolve the issue. I looked through my Home screen, including every folder, as well as the other screens and folders. I couldn’t locate the application anywhere. So, how else can I uninstall a program that I can’t seem to find?
- Spotlight Search may be used to look for the app on your main Home screen and additional Home screen pages. Spotlight Search could not discover the software in my situation.
- To hard reset your phone, press Power+Home. This is not a factory reset; rather, it is a reboot, similar to rebooting your computer. This also did not work for me.
- Uninstall the app using iTunes. Plug in your iOS device and choose the device icon from the navigation bar. Then, under Settings, select “Apps” and search for the program you wish to delete in the Apps list on the right. To delete the app, click “Remove.” To proceed, click “OK” on the confirmation dialog box and then “Apply” at the bottom of the window to apply the change to your device.
Conclusion regarding the other version of iPhone’s that can also do to delete the hidden apps
That’s all we have to say regarding how to remove an app on iOS 15/14/13/12 and previous devices, even if the app isn’t visible on the iPhone Home screen. If you are unable to erase applications from your iPhone, simply follow the instructions provided. Deleting hidden apps from your iPhone allows you to access the App Library and organize your Home Screen.
On every version of iOS, you may remove or uninstall an app. With iOS 14 or later, you may hide any app from your Home Screen while keeping it in your App Library.
You can keep your smartphone safer and organized now that you know how to hide and uninstall applications on Android. Make careful to experiment with various techniques of concealing applications until you discover one that works best for you.
FAQS about other important information in terms of deleting a hidden apps
Can I delete hidden apps?
Indeed, users could get rid of hidden applications. To do so, open the Settings app on your device and select General. Scroll down and choose Storage & iCloud Usage. Finally, pick Manage Storage and then the program you wish to remove.
Where do hidden apps go?
Hidden applications may be installed anywhere on a phone. They might be in the app drawer or buried in a folder. Some users conceal their applications in a specific location on their phones to make them more difficult to discover.
How do I permanently delete hidden apps on my iPhone?
To permanently erase hidden applications on iPhone, open the Settings app and then select General, followed by Usage. Then, select Manage Storage, followed by the program you wish to uninstall. Finally, choose Delete App.
How do I permanently delete app history?
Is it possible to get rid of app history? No, deleting the app history is not available. Clearing data will delete the list of applications that you would have downloaded and installed on your phone.