How to set do not disturb iPhone text messages? We’re constantly hyper-aware of who is attempting to interact with us during the day, courtesy to our iPhone’s. We receive notifications for phone calls, text messages, social media comments, and a never-ending stream of pings from various applications and services.
How do you send a voice message on iPhone (7 Easy Guide)
The “Do Not Disturb” function came with Apple’s iOS6 operating system to silence any receiving communications or push alerts during specified periods despite turning off the phone. However, your contacts can start contacting you in various ways, including phoning, texting, emailing, etc.
Do Not Disturb can be used in two ways. You may turn it on at any time, except when you go into a movie house, and then have it turn on automatically day after day, including at sleep. See the two ways list.
What Do not Disturb Mean?
DND mode was created to provide busy iPhone users with uninterrupted cellular functions. For example, board meetings during sleeping hours are great times to employ DND mode since the user does not want to be distracted or woken. When in DND mode, all incoming calls and text messages are blocked.
Video: How to enable do not disturb for one contact only in iPhone
Simple short video steps on how to enable DND on a certain contact on iPhone device.
1. How to Set the “Do Not Disturb” Auto-Reply Message on iPhone
If you really have “Do Not Disturb” turned on on your iPhone and then someone texts you, they may receive a “Auto-Reply” message in response. Here’s how to customize that message and control who sees it.
How to set do not disturb iPhone text messages
- To begin, touch the grey-colored gear icon to access “Settings.” It is often located on the first webpage of your Home screen.
- Select “Do Not Disturb” in the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down until you reach the Auto-Reply choices in the “Do Not Disturb” settings. Select “Auto-Reply.”
- Click the text entry space on the following screen and write whatever message you like. This message will be automatically texted to anyone who sends you a message whenever “Do Not Disturb” is active, depending on your settings (which we describe below).
If you’d like to change who will receive the Auto-Reply message, tap “Auto-Reply To” in the “Do Not Disturb” options.
2. How to customize Do Not Disturb on an iPhone
According to the above scheduling screen, your iPhone allows you to customize the Do Not Disturb functionality in a variety of ways:
It will impose Do Not Disturb for several hours at a time. If you enable it, notifications will be kept off the lock screen all night, so if you switch on your phone.
The Sound of Silence
You may also pick how quiet your phone should be in this area. Choose from “Always” and “Never” (the phone will always be silent when in Do Not Disturb mode)
Should Not Interrupt While Driving
It allows you to configure Do Not Disturb to activate automatically when driving, as you might expect.
How To Turn On Do Not Disturb While Driving On Your iPhone
On just an iPhone, open the Settings app and touch Do Not Disturb -> Activate to enable Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Whenever Do Not Disturb While Driving is enabled automatically, the function will be engaged whenever your iPhone’s motion sensors recognize like you’re in a speeding vehicle or vehicle.
- When Connected to Car Bluetooth: Do Not Disturb Once Driving will be enabled while your Car Bluetooth devices, including Apple CarPlay, are connected.
- Manually: Turning on Do Not Disturb While Driving in your iPhone’s Control Center will activate it.
3. Enable Do Not Disturb For One Specific Contact Using Messages App
If you’ve had a current or prior communication from a specific Contact, you can Enable Do Not Disturb Mode on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Launch the Messages app > Tap on the Conversation of the Contact you wish to put in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Select Contact Information or Number on the following screen, followed by the I (Details) button.
- Switch the Hide Alerts option on the Contact Details page and then tap Done to save the preferences for this Contact.
This one will enable Do Not Disturb Mode for such a Contact, and you will no longer get Call and Message Notifications from this Contact, while most other Contacts will indeed be able to call as well as the message you.
Disable Do Not Disturb For Specific Contacts On iPhone
- Launch the Messages App > tap on the Conversation of the Contact you wish to disable Do Not Disturb Mode for.
- Toggle the Hide Alerts setting off on the following screen.
- That would save your settings, click Done.
4. How to schedule Do Not Disturb on an iPhone to automatically use it at a certain time every day
1. Select the Settings icon, followed by “Do Not Disturb.”
2. To activate the scheduling mode, tap “Scheduled.”
3. Choose the From – To option and enter the start and finish times for Do Not Disturb every day. For example, you could want it to start at 10 p.m. every evening and terminate at 7 a.m. every morning. Tap Back to save your changes.
4. Modify any more adjustments to your Do Not Disturb Settings (see Customized Do Not Disturb below), and then return to the main Settings page by tapping Settings. It is currently set to run every day.
5. Does Do Not Disturb turn iMessage to green?
Please keep in mind that do not disturb somehow doesn’t turn iMessage green; rather, the receiver imessage may be unavailable, and the text message was delivered as an SMS text message.
Whenever you send out a message from your iPhone to an Android phone, the message will become green, indicating that it is an SMS text message rather than an iMessage.
In this context, sms text message refers to text messages transmitted by cellular network service, that also required a texting subscription or airtime, whereas iMessage demands an internet connection, such as Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Does iMessage work on do not disturb?
Yes, the answer is yes. When set to do not disturb, iMessage would always operate as long as your iPhone or iPad is connected to the internet.
Please keep in mind that do not disturb mode, unlike airplane mode, has no effect on the internet connection, which means that when in do not disturb procedure, you may use the connection to the internet without interruption on your iPhone or iPad.
Solve Do Not Disturb Not Working on iPhone by Fixing iOS
Because to operating system difficulties, the Do Not Disturb function on your iPhone may not operate. Many iPhone users have reported iOS difficulties such as system malfunction, iPhone stuck, iPhone data disappearing, and black screen of death after updating to iOS 15/14/13.
The simplest approach to resolving such an issue is to utilize iOS repair software like iMyFone Fixppo. This program resolves several iOS system faults, including Do Not Disturb Not Working, in a matter of minutes. The iOS repair program, available for both Windows and Mac, includes three different modes for fixing various faults and supports all iOS devices.
Do not disturb vs blocked?
Calls and messages would go through when in do not disturb mode. However, they will not go through when blocked.
If your phone is set to do not disturb mode on Android, both calls and text messages will be received but will be quiet. On the iPhone, the case is somewhat different.
When the iPhone is in do not disturb mode, calls do not go through unless the caller returns within three minutes, at which point the call will go through. However, text messages like as SMS text messages and iMessages will continue to be delivered because DND does not affect them.
With everything mentioned in this thread, I’ve arrived to the conclusion that iMessages will say delivered if the phone is set to do not disturb. Please be aware that iMessage will not arrive when the phone is in do not disturb mode.
Conclusion on Do not Disturb Functionality features on iPhone device
When attempting to concentrate on a job, the Do Not Disturb function is designed to assist you remove interruptions. However, upgrading your iPhone to iOS 15/14/13 may cause the functionality to malfunction. If this occurs, follow the steps outlined above to resolve the problem.
Should you set DND mode to activate during your sleeping hours, whatever alarm clock you have set will be sent through. This guarantees that consumers are not distracted during DND mode yet remain awake on time.
Another distinction is that DND mode differs from the equivalent “airplane mode” in that the latter just disables cell data while allowing push notifications to be transmitted through if the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
FAQS about Do Not Disturb other uses
When on Do Not Disturb, do texts say delivered?
They’ll be informed that the message was delivered. That does not imply that it was checked, just as if someone sent you a message while your phone was not on DND and you didn’t even open messages and read it. Phone calls should be sent to voice mail as soon as possible.
Does the iPhone’s Do Not Disturb feature enable text messages?
( Do Not Disturb) displays in the status bar as well as on the Lock Screen, and your condition is shown in the Messages app immediately. People who attempt to send you a message will notice that you’ve disabled alerts, but they can still contact you if anything is urgent.
Can you turn off DND for one person?
If you want to hear from a specific contact who isn’t on your Favorites list, you can still create an exception to Do Not Disturb on a case-by-case basis. Toggle Emergency Circumvent to “on” at the top of the following card, allowing calls from that individual to bypass Do Not Disturb.